On April 30, we released the first episode of the podcast! Diving deep into what it takes to build your first mobile game. We are back with a brand new episode! This time focusing on user acquisition strategies, which is a very important area of the business side of mobile development.
We speak with David Hu; Director of User Acquisition & Monetization @ NCSOFT, about how to obtain new users with and without a huge budget, and how to properly analyze that user acquisition data and create a monetization strategy for your mobile app.
Other topics discussed:
- Soft launching your app to identify your core demographic and audience
- Starting with limited to no budget
- ASO (App Store Optimization) for organic user acquisition
- Outreach to influencers for free app marketing
- Use your current community to cultivate influencers
- Testing new channels to find users that monetize in your app
- Using Facebook, Twitter and Google ads to target specific demographics
- Analyzing the data from your UA efforts to fine-tune your targeting
- Test, test, test – always be testing new user acquisition channels against the ones you already use in order to optimize your UA strategy
So if you are building a mobile game, or any mobile app for that matter, this should be a very insightful listen!
You can follow the podcast on any of of your favorite platforms. Which platforms? Glad you asked. Head over to Enhance.co/podcast and remember to subscribe to the EnhanceMyApp podcast.